- No more than 3 minutes.
- Begin with a title screen followed by the video. The title should consist of a black background with white text stating the entry number (provided at the time of completing the intent to submit), video title, contributor names and affiliations. See example title screen.
- Black & white and color are both acceptable.
- Audio cannot be accommodated
Two (2) versions of the video are required:
- A high-quality video for display at the meeting with maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and a file size < 150 MB. Any mpeg format is OK, but mpeg-4 is recommended.
- Small size version of the video (file size < 10 MB) for broadband viewing at the arXiv.org. Must be in mpeg format, mpeg-1 is recommended since it is viewable on most web browsers.
- Both videos are subject to the same 3-minute length limit constraints and both must contain a title screen as mentioned above.
The submission process consists of six steps itemized below. Note that the deadline for item 1 is September 16, 2013, while the final video submission (items 2 through 6) must be completed by October 14, 2013.
If you have not already done so, please complete the online Intent to Submit Form.(intent submissions are closed)
- Create videos according to above format specifications.
- Write a brief article (may be just a page or a full paper) in LaTeX format describing the videos. See Section A, Division of Fluid Dynamics video submission instructions.
- Create a tar or zip file containing both the article and videos. See Section B, Division of Fluid Dynamics video submission instructions.
- Submit the combined package to arXiv. See Sections C and D, Division of Fluid Dynamics video submission instructions.
- Obtain the permanent URL of the arXiv submission (emailed to you after completion of step 5 above) and enter it in the Final Video Submission Form (link also emailed after completion).